Looking for the very best accommodation for a romantic escape near Brisbane. I have you covered! In this guide discover 5 perfect romantic getaways in Queensland.
Do you want to spend a romantic getaway with your partner in Queensland? In this post, we’ll look at 5 of the best accommodation alternatives for a romantic getaway in South East Queensland, particularly on the Gold Coast Hinterland and Sunshine Coast Hinterlands.
All of the options we recommend offer privacy, luxury and some serious downtime for those wishing to take their partner on a romantic getaway for that special occasion.
We have personally visited each of these places and believe these are some of the best couples retreats Qld has to offer.
- What can you expect from these romantic Queensland getaways?
- Best romantic getaways in Queensland
- Most romantic getaways Qld Hinterland
- ⭐️ Mapleton Springs
- ⭐️ Yabbaloumba Retreat (Sunshine Coast Hinterland)
- ⭐️ Treetops Seaview (Montville – Sunshine Coast Hinterland
- ⭐️ Witches Falls Cottages (Tamborine Mountain – Gold Coast Hinterland)
- Romantic getaways Gold Coast Hinterland
- ⭐️ Pethers Rainforest Retreat (Tamborine Mountain)
- Plan your Queensland adventures
What can you expect from these romantic Queensland getaways?
- LUXURY – Spa baths, log burners, king size beds, luxury toiletries, chocolates, wine and more.
- BEAUTIFUL SETTINGS – All 5 of my recommendations can be found in the beautiful surroundings of either Tamborine Mountain or the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
- FABULOUS BREAKFASTS – Most include breakfast in your room – some delivered in the morning or others picked up at check-in. Have breakfast in bed and enjoy your beautiful surroundings!
- NO CHILDREN – They are adults only and do not accommodate children. If you have kids leave them at home with their grandparents, godparents, or babysitter and book yourselves in for some child/baby free time.
If you are ready to book that romantic getaway in Queensland (Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Hinterlands) these are my top picks.
Best romantic getaways in Queensland
Most romantic getaways Qld Hinterland
We recently discovered Mapleton Springs and spent an amazing 4 nights and 5 days relaxing and enjoying the beautiful facilities on offer at this luxury accommodation.
Mapleton Springs promises that you will “rest, rejuvenate and reconnect” when you choose to stay with them. And that is exactly what it delivers. From the moment owners, Phil and Rachel Aspinall welcomed us at reception we knew we had chosen the perfect place for our 5-day getaway.
The rooms are perfectly appointed with everything you may need and more during your stay.
As there is a maximum of 6 guests at any time (and no children) you are recommended peace, quiet and tranquillity.
Breakfast was beautifully prepared and presented with ample choice.
We rate Mapleton Springs 10/10 – it is one of the best places we have stayed anywhere in Australia and we know we will be booking a return stay asap.
An added bonus for animal lovers is the opportunity to learn about some of the orphaned and injured native wildlife Rachel and Phil care for on their property. We highly recommend taking the tour (the small fee they charge helps towards the huge costs of looking after the animals). This is a unique opportunity that makes a stay at Mapleton Springs even more special.
- Infinity edge pool
- Hot tub
- Cinema Room
- Lounge room with open wood fire
- Access to a pool table/table tennis or chess in the lounge room
- Free Wifi & Netflix
- Wildlife tour
- Massages can be arranged
We stumbled on Yabbaloumba Retreat totally by accident when we decided on the spur of the moment to look for accommodation when we were on a day out in Noosa.
Yabbaloumba Retreat was exactly what we were looking for and we have since returned for a third and fourth visit!
Yabbaloumba Retreat is the perfect choice for couples seeking peace and quiet in a lovely countryside setting. The cottages (there are only 4) are perched on the top of a hill overlooking a lake, forests and farmlands.
These are some of the most well-equipped cottages we have ever stayed in and everything has been thought of (binoculars, a guide to wildlife etc.)
I love the wildlife in this area and we are always visited by at least 2 or 3 kookaburras at breakfast!
- Large spa bath
- Fireplace (gas – not a log burner)
- One of the best DVD libraries I have ever seen
- Breakfast delivered to your door every morning.
- Complimentary wine and cheese platter
- No wifi (which could be a positive if getting away from everything includes life online)
There are some lovely walks around the lake and it really is one of the most peaceful places we have ever stayed. Perfect to get away from it all and recharge your batteries.
TIPS – Go in the spring to see all the lambs. Don’t leave your breakfast unattended – the kookaburras will eat it!!!
⭐️ Treetops Seaview (Montville – Sunshine Coast Hinterland
Treetops Seaview is located in the beautiful Sunshine Coast Hinterland town of Montville. Probably one of the major destinations for weddings and honeymoons Montville is a popular destination all year round.
Treetops Seaview is located only a 4-minute drive from the main street in Montville.
At Treetops Seaview you will find individual luxury air-conditioned cottages each with a balcony and outdoor dining area. Stunning mountain views stretch as far as the Sunshine Coast.
Each cottage offers complete privacy and peace and quiet.
- 2 person spa bath and bathrobes
- Continental breakfast
- Lounge area
- TV and DVD player
- Free parking
We loved our stay at Treetops Seaview and would recommend it to couples who are seeking a relaxing break.
If you enjoy eating out in the evening it is an easy walk to nearby restaurants. The cottages border the Kondalilla National Park which offers great walks for those feeling energetic!
Tip – Check-in is in Montville where you collect your breakfast hamper too. The driveway down to the cottages is quite steep and is accessed through a boom gate.
We love Tamborine Mountain and it is one of our favourite weekend destinations from Brisbane.
Witches Falls Cottages is a very popular destination for couples seeking a romantic getaway in Queensland so if this is the accommodation you choose make sure to book as soon as possible.
The Cottages are a stone’s throw from the Witches Falls section of Tamborine Mountain National Park. If you enjoy walking there are some great hikes in the area. If you are seeking a totally relaxing break this is also a perfect destination.
- 2 person spa bath with robes (the full length windows slide open so you can enjoy the outdoors whilst in the bath!)
- Log fire
- Private garden
- Complimentary port and chocolates
- DVD collection
- BBQ or Gourmet breakfast hamper (with the best bread ever!)
There are also a number of signature packages available to make your stay extra special.
Tip – Take copies of all the fantastic information guides they have provided for the area (there are multiple copies in the folders especially for you to do this) I have one of each sheet in a special folder and they are really lovely as well as informative. They are one of the most innovative things I have ever seen in any accommodation in Australia and really handy to have.
If you decide to head out for dinner there are some excellent restaurants in the locale to suit all tastes. Read more in my post all about Tamborine Mountain.
Romantic getaways Gold Coast Hinterland
⭐️ Pethers Rainforest Retreat (Tamborine Mountain)
Surrounded by the Tamborine Mountain rainforest your treehouse is the epitome of chic luxury. Pether’s is the most luxurious and romantic place I have ever stayed. The treehouses are spread out and total privacy is assured.
Breakast is delivered to your door in a hamper every morning with a discreet knock the only sound you will hear. Eat your breakfast on the large balcony and watch pademelons forage on the forest floor beneath you.
Pamper yourself in the large spa bath whilst sipping a glass of complimentary bubbly.
Pethers has an excellent restaurant open Friday and Saturday evening so book yourselves in for a romantic meal for 2.
- Spa bath for 2
- Beautifully furnished room
- Floor to ceiling glass windows
- Complimentary wine
Tip – Watch out for pademelons and wallabies at dawn and dusk! If you wake up when the sun comes up bring an eye mask as there are no blinds to block out light.
Plan your Queensland adventures
There are lots of beautiful places to visit in Australia and Queensland is home to quite a few of them.
You can find more to help plan your travels around the Sunshine State on this website and you may find some of the following articles particularly useful: