Discover the best places to stay in Brisbane with our area guides & recommended accommodation options.
Are you planning a visit to the beautiful Queensland capital of Brisbane? Are you unsure which area of the city is best for your trip? In this article, we cover where to stay in Brisbane (based on 5 years of living in South East Queensland and experiencing a wide range of luxury hotels available in the city)
First visit to Brisbane? We recommend a walking tour of Brisbane City Highlights or this Brisbane river cruise (with lunch included) as perfect ways to familiarise yourself with this beautiful Queensland city.
With near-perfect weather, all year round Brisbane is a wonderful holiday destination and is also the perfect base from which to explore the region with numerous day trip opportunities to the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast on offer.
- Where to stay in Brisbane
- Map of the best areas to stay in Brisbane
- Which area of Brisbane will you choose?
Where to stay in Brisbane
Quick picks for your stay in Brisbane
|Hotel||Area of Brisbane||Rating||Book|
|Mantra South Bank||South Bank||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|The Emporium||South Bank||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Rydges||South Bank||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Courtyard by Marriott||South Bank||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|W Brisbane||Brisbane CBD||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Brisbane Marriott Hotel||Brisbane CBD||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Hyatt Regency||Brisbane CBD||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Ovolo The Valley||Fortitude Valley||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|FV by Peppers||Fortitude Valley||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Rydges Fortitude Valley||Fortitude Valley||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
A great all-round area perfect for solo travellers, couples, and families.
South Bank is located across the river from the CBD and is one of the most popular areas in Brisbane for visitors. With museums, theatre venues, parklands, swimming pools, the Brisbane Eye, numerous eateries and easy access to the Brisbane river via City Cat or ferry it has so much to offer.
Things to do and see in South Bank include
- South Bank Parklands – read what is on offer in our complete guide to visiting South Bank Brisbane.
- Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA)
- Queensland Museum and Sciencentre
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC)
Where to stay in South Bank
- The Emporium – Luxury hotel offering beautiful views of Brisbane from the rooftop infinity pool.
- Mantra South Bank – Modern rooms, free WiFi, contemporary restaurant, bar, heated pool and gym.
- Rydges – Wide variety of rooms and suites many with views of the city skyline, pool bar, award-winning restaurant,
- Courtyard by Marriott – Wide range of rooms, heated indoor pool, easy walk to South Bank eateries and the Gabba for sports fans.
Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
Stay in the heart of Brisbane and enjoy everything the city has to offer. Transport links are excellent with train, bus and river transportation (City Car & ferry) options to get around. This is an easy destination from Brisbane Aiport with trains direct to Central Station. There are plenty of opportunities for sightseeing, shopping and a good selection of eateries.
Things to do and see in Brisbane’s CBD include
- Great location for Brisbane’s iconic City Hall
- Museum of Brisbane
- Meander the beautiful City Botanic Gardens
- Shop at the Queen Street Mall
Where to stay in Brisbane CBD
- W Brisbane – Luxury hotel offering guests beautiful views of the Brisbane River, quirky design, a fabulous pool and an overall fabulous 5* experience.
- Brisbane Marriott Hotel – Recently undergone a $20 million renovation. This luxury hotel offers views of the Story Bridge, superb dining at the Motion restaurant, an outdoor pool, and fitness centre plus family & pet-friendly packages.
- Hyatt Regency – Located in the heart of the CBD the Hyatt Regency offers guests a selection of spacious rooms, deluxe amenities, an on-site restaurant, heated outdoor infinity pool, fitness centre and free WiFi.
Although my top recommendations for areas to stay in Brisbane are the CBD and South Bank there is one other area worth mentioning especially if nightlife is an important consideration for you.
Vibrant Fortitude Valley is located northeast of Brisbane’s CBD and is an area full of nightclubs, shops, bars and restaurants. This is an excellent location for those attending events at Tivoli Theatre, Royal International Convention Centre or the Brisbane Show Grounds.
Things to see and do in Fortitude Valley include
- Shop at the Laneways (Winn, Bakery and California Lanes)
Where to stay in Fortitude Valley
- Ovolo The Valley – A luxury boutique hotel with spacious rooms. Enjoy the 100% vegetarian menu at onsite restaurant ZaZaTa.
- FV by Peppers – With fantastic views from the rooftop pool this aparthotel offers 1 and 2-bedroom apartments with an enclosed balcony, A/C, and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Rydges Fortitude Valley – Spacious guest rooms, outdoor pool, well-equipped gym, on-site restaurant and bar plus free WiFi.
Map of the best areas to stay in Brisbane
Which area of Brisbane will you choose?
Enjoy your visit to Queensland. Whether you choose to stay in South Brisbane, the CBD or Fortitude Valley one of the fabulous luxury Brisbane accommodation options suggested in this article will be perfect for your stay.
We have lots more to read about Queensland (and Australia) to help you plan your trip