If you are wondering where to stay in Singapore, the small city state has a dizzying array of options. This guide will help you to find the best hotel in the right area for your upcoming trip to ‘The Lion City’.
Singapore is only 278.6 square miles yet it is made up of 28 districts with each district offering its own attractions and accommodation.
However, due to the small size of Singapore, all the major attractions are within a short distance and, thanks to the city’s layout and efficient public transport system, moving around Singapore is quick and easy.
If you are planning to visit a number of sights in Singapore it may be cost effective to consider purchasing an Explorer Pass. With the pass you can choose 2 to 7 activities from a list of 40+ attractions and tours. You can visit them at your own pace as the pass has up to 60 days of validity. Click here for more information about the Singapore Explorer Pass.
Where to stay in Singapore
Quick picks for your stay in Singapore
|Marina Bay Sands||Marina Bay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|The Fullerton Bay Hotel||Marina Bay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|The Fullerton Hotel||Marina Bay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Ascot Raffles Place||Marina Bay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|The Barracks Hotel||Sentosa Island||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|The Outpost Hotel||Sentosa Island||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Shangri-La Rasa||Sentosa Island||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Paradox Singapore||Clarke Quay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Holiday Inn Express Clarke Quay||Clarke Quay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Iyf Funan Singapore||Clarke Quay||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Raffles Hotel||Orchard Road||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Hilton Singapore Orchard Road||Orchard Road||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
|Four Seasons||Orchard Road||⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️||Book here|
Marina Bay is Singapore’s futuristic architectural showpiece. Its iconic skyline includes The Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer.
It is an ideal central location for couples, solo travellers and families and is a must visit location in Singapore.
Don’t miss the free nightly light and water show ‘Spectra’ which is held every night at Event Plaza.
Things to see in Marina Bay
- Marina Bay Sands – This enormous 2,561 room hotel has three towers which are joined across the top by the world’s largest infinity pool. Non guests can buy tickets to the SkyPark Observation Deck which provides fantastic 360 degree views of the city. It is also home to the innovative ArtScience Museum.
- The Merlion – The Merlion is considered to be the official mascot of Singapore; it is the head of a lion on the body of a fish. An 8.6 metre high water spouting Merlion statue can be found in Merlion Park in front of The Fullerton Hotel.
- Singapore Flyer – a 165 metre high ferris wheel giving visitors with a head for heights spectacular views over the city.
- Gardens by the Bay – this must do Singapore attraction is a colourful park which is home to plants and flowers from all over the world. It is best known for its otherworldly supertrees, the OCBC tree line skywalk and indoor waterfalls.
Where to stay in Marina Bay
This iconic 5 star hotel offers an unforgettable stay. In addition to the world’s largest rooftop infinity pool, guests can enjoy 20 on site restaurants, a casino, museum and mall access.
There is a 24 front desk, a spa, gym, nightclub and three bars.
Each air conditioned ensuite room has a double or twin beds, a flat screen tv, kettle, minibar, safe and in room slippers. Some rooms have views of the Singapore skyline and wheelchair accessible rooms are available.
The hotel is adjacent to a metro station and Gardens by the Bay is one kilometre away.
A 5 star hotel offering a rooftop swimming pool and bar, a gym and a spa. There is a 24 hour front desk and a concierge service.
The contemporary style rooms feature a double bed, desk, flat screen tv, a coffee machine plus a minibar and safe. The ensuite has a freestanding bathtub and breakfast is included in most room rates.
The nearest MRT station is 300 metres and Merlion Park is 500 metres away.
Not to be confused with The Fullerton Bay Hotel, this luxurious 5 star hotel sits on the waterfront by Merlion Park. It features an infinity pool, gym, spa and several luxury boutiques.
Double or twin bed rooms have a desk, safe, minibar and a chaise longue. Some rooms overlook the central courtyard whilst others overlook the pool and city skyline. If you like rooms with character, book a Heritage room.
The nearest MRT station is a five minute walk.
This 5 star hotel is at the lower end of a 5 star hotel price tag and offers excellent value for money. It is a perfect option for visitors who like to self cater.
The hotel features an infinity pool, free WiFi, a gym, lounge and business centre.
Each luxury bedroom has a double or twin bed, a sofa, safe and a desk plus a kitchenette equipped with a stove, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and kettle. It even has a washing machine and dryer.
The hotel is a five minute walk from the nearest MRT station and 1500 metres from Gardens By The Bay.
Sentosa Island is an ideal location if you like lots of activities on your doorstep but would prefer a quieter location than the city centre.
The artificial island is known for its leisure and fun attractions and is an ideal location for families.
It is home to sandy beaches, luxurious hotels and Resorts World Sentosa which encompasses several theme-parks. Sentosa Island has excellent transport links to the rest of Singapore.
Things to see in Sentosa Island
- Universal Studios Singapore – the 62 acre park has 28 rides, six themed zones and several live action shows.
- S.E.A Aquarium – one of the world’s largest aquariums, the aquarium is home to over 100,000 marine animals in 40 different habitats
- Adventure Cove – this thrilling water park features rides, slides, a lazy river and snorkelling with 20,000 tropical fish!
- Adventurous activities – thrill seekers can go bungee jumping, ziplining and indoor skydiving
- Beaches – Take a break from sightseeing with a lazy day on Sentosa, Siloso or Tanjong Beach
- The Wings of Time – a spectacular, ticket only night time sound, light and water show
Where to stay on Sentosa Island
This elegant 5 star hotel features a swimming pool, gym, a 24 hour front desk and free WiFi and parking. The hotel only has 40 rooms so it is a good option if you do not like sprawling multi storey hotels.
Characterful dark wood rooms offer double or twin beds, a desk, fridge, safe, tv and coffee machine. Breakfast is included in the room rates. The ensuite features a stone freestanding bath tub.
Some rooms have a balcony with pool views whilst other rooms offer swim up access.
The hotel is a seven minute walk from Palawan Beach and 200 metres from the nearest rail station.
An adults only 5 star hotel offering high end black and white themed rooms.
The hotel has two large swimming pools, a pool bar, gym and a 24 hour front desk.
Ensuite rooms feature double or twin beds, a kettle, coffee machine, safe minibar and an extra large tv. Rooms offer either garden or sea views.
The hotel is 200 metres from the nearest rail station and a short 180 metres from Palawan Beach.
This luxury hotel is the only beachfront hotel in Singapore and is ideal for families.
It features two swimming pools (including a kids pool with three slides), a garden, spa, 24 hour gym, a kids activity club and play space on the beach. There are four restaurants, a bar, a 24 hour front desk and a concierge service.
The light and spacious ensuite rooms feature double or twin beds, a desk, safe, minibar, tv and desk. Some rooms have a balcony with views of the South China Sea whilst others offer garden views.
Family rooms sleeping up to four are available and selected rooms allow additional beds or cots.
The nearest MRT station and the Aquarium are just over one kilometre away.
If you like to stay near a wide choice of restaurants, cafes and bars, the lively Clarke Quay area is a perfect choice.
Located along the Singapore River, Clarke Quay is a fusion of East meets West thanks to its proximity to nearby Chinatown.
It is a good location for shopping and for dinner with waterfront views but it is also home to several historic attractions.
Things to see in Clarke Quay and Chinatown
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum – a four storey temple housing a tooth believed to belong to Buddha (which can be viewed on the fourth floor).
- Chinatown – See the historic sights, handicraft shops and market with this free downloadable walking trail
- Sri Mariamman Temple – The largest and oldest Hindu temple in Singapore, this ornate colourful temple was founded in 1827.
- Boat cruise – take a 40 minute boat cruise from Clarke Quay to Marina Bay to see the city’s skyline from the water.
- Fort Canning Park – take a break from the city to explore this tranquil park. Don’t miss the Sculpture Garden and the Spice Garden.
Where to stay in Clarke Quay
This multi storey 5 star hotel has a swimming pool, a gym, spa, sauna, garden and restaurant. There is a 24 hour front desk and room service and car hire is available.
The colourful luxury rooms feature a large double or twin bed, a tv, fridge, kettle, desk, minibar and safe. Some rooms have a balcony with pool or river views. Interconnecting rooms are available.
Paradox Singapore is 600 metres from Fort Canning Park and just over 100 metres from the nearest metro station.
This is my hotel of choice when I stay in Singapore.
A perfect option for mid range travellers, the Holiday Inn Express has a swimming pool, a 24 hour gym, coffee house and a bar. There is parking and free WiFI.
The ensuite air conditioned rooms have a double or twin bed, a tv, safe, fridge, desk and kettle. Breakfast is included in the room rates and interconnecting and wheelchair accessible rooms are available.
The Buddha temple is under one kilometre away and the nearest metro station is 500 metres.
This 4 star hotel is a good option for couples and mid range travellers who are looking for something a little different.
The hotel is located in Funan Mall and offers a garden, a gym, a 24 hour front desk and a concierge service. There is a shared lounge and kitchen for guests.
Compact ensuite studios feature a double bed, desk and a kettle.
Iyf Funan is under 400 metres from the nearest metro and from Fort Canning Park.
If you love shopping, Orchard Road is the location for you.
The 2.2 kilometre long shopping street is packed with shops and malls and is a great place to grab dinner but it also offers several attractions.
Things to see in Orchard Road
- Singapore Botanical Gardens – The unmissable 158-year-old Botanical Gardens is Singapore’s only UNESCO World Heritage site. Highlights of this free attraction include the Bonsai Garden and the Orchid Garden.
- ION Sky viewpoint – Learn about the history of Orchard Road, and enjoy 360 degree views of it, from the the 56th floor of ION Sky at Orchard Mall
- Istana Palace – take a tour of the home of the President of Singapore
- Indulge in a Singapore Sling at the Long Bar in Raffles Hotel – one of the must do experiences in Singapore, Raffles Hotel is a short 12 minute walk from the southern end of Orchard Road
Where to stay in Orchard Road
If there is one hotel synonymous with Singapore, it is Raffles Hotel. The landmark hotel offers 115 suites, a spa, gym, swimming pool and 10 restaurants and bars.
Elegant, colonial style suites offer a four poster King bed, a living area and a verandah with seating. Some suites have a freestanding bathtub whilst others offer a complimentary airport limousine shuttle included in the room rate.
The Personality Suites are named and decorated around a famous person who stayed at Raffles such as Elizabeth Taylor and Charlie Chaplin. The Presidential Suites are Raffles’ most opulent rooms.
The hotel is minutes on foot from the nearest metro station and it is a 20 minute walk to Marina Bay.
This recently renovated hotel is the largest Hilton property in the Asia Pacific region with 1,080 rooms! There is an all day restaurant, a Michelin star restaurant, a lounge and bar plus a swimming pool and gym.
Rooms feature King size or twin beds, a sofa, desk, safe, tv, minibar and kettle.
It is 300 metres to the nearest metro station and Istana Park is one kilometre on foot.
Just steps from Orchard Road, this gorgeous 5 star hotel features five restaurants (including a brasserie and fine dining restaurant), a bar, spa, 24 hour gym, tennis courts and two swimming pools. Bike rental and an airport shuttle are available for an extra charge.
The spacious rooms have large double or twin beds, a sofa, tv, coffee machine and a minibar plus a larger than average marble ensuite bathroom. Cots and toddler beds can be added to the rooms for free.
The nearest metro station is 400 metres on foot and the Botanical Gardens are 1500 metres away.
Plan your visit to Singapore
I hope this comprehensive guide to where to stay in Singapore has helped you find the perfect hotel for your trip to this vibrant, futuristic city with a rich cultural heritage.
Read more about Singapore: