The Sunshine Coast Hinterland with its rolling hills, wildlife and quaint towns is an idyllic destination for couples and families. A popular location for weddings and honeymoons the Sunshine Coast Hinterland with its views of the beaches and sea on one side and Glasshouse Mountains, hills and green fields on the other provides the perfect backdrop.
The hinterland is located approximately an hour’s drive from Brisbane
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR VISITING QUEENSLAND
I have lots of posts all about visiting Australia and a number of these are focussed on the beautiful state of Queensland. With an enviable climate, wonderful wildlife, stunning beaches if Queensland is your destination these posts will help you get the best of your visit! If you are seeking some inspiration these 15 photographs will have you booking the next flight!
- My ultimate guide to Australia has links to every post I have written about Australia and is great starting point when planning your visit.
- My post all about the top things to do in Queensland gives an idea of some of the amazing places to visit in the state.
- If you are interested in learning more about Queensland wildlife there are posts about kangaroos at Cape Hillsborough. platypus at Broken River and whales off the Brisbane coast. A more general post all about the amazing wildlife you can find in Queensland
- If you are traveling along the coast check out my posts about Mackay, Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays and Bowen.
- If you are visiting Brisbane you can find out more about what there is to do in and around the city including Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Mount Tamborine and the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
- Click here if you are interested in learning more about the 19 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Australia.
- If you enjoy quizzes I have one specifically to test your knowledge about Queensland as well as one all about Australian wildlife. See how much you know and don’t forget to share your results in the comments too!
Tracy has lived and worked in 7 countries on 4 continents and travelled to over 50 more. A qualified school teacher with an interest in history, reading, photography, nature and wildlife she is always planning her next trip (preferably by train)
With a lifetime of travel experience, and a network of friends all over the world, she is also able to share genuine insider guides, recommended best book lists and train journey inspiration to help you travel authentically to some of the most beautiful places on earth.
Come and join me as I travel the world one country (and train journey) at a time!