An Anglophile – A person who is fond of or greatly admires England or Britain. Are you wondering what gift to buy someone who loves Britain and everything British?
There are so many wonderful British gifts for Anglophiles available it can be difficult to choose. If you are searching for British gifts for American friends you will find the perfect solution below.
This guide to gifts for British lovers will help you find the perfect gift for someone who loves England. In it, you will find British-themed gifts, London-themed gift ideas, British-themed gift baskets in addition to traditional English gifts.
This gift guide has suggestions for all ages and features some fabulous British gift ideas including Anglophile books, British themed gifts and items for your home, and lots of Union Jack and Royal Family themed presents!
- Our top picks
- British Gift Boxes
- UK themed monthly gift boxes
- The British Bash – baking boxes with an accent!
- The Great British Teabreak Box
- The travelling reader – your British reading journey starts here!
- Scottish Treasure
- Deed of land to England? Or why not become a Laird or Lady?
- Clothing and accessories
- Home Decor
- Guide Books for the UK
- For History Lovers
- Books about the Royal Family
- Colouring books for adults
- British Cookbooks
- For map lovers
- Union Jack themed gifts
- Tartan themed gifts
Best gifts for Anglophiles
Our top picks
These are the most popular gifts for Anglophiles and our top 3 choices:
📚 Read your way around Britain
This monthly gift box is the perfect British gift for those who enjoy a good book with a cup of tea and a biscuit!
🍰. The British Bash – baking boxes with an accent!
Perfect for Anglophiles with a love for baking and a sweet tooth.
🫖 British Gourmet Premier Gift Basket
The Finest Collection of Britain’s best Cheese, Tea, Sweets, and crackers.
British Gift Boxes
A themed gift box including the finest of British food treats is a perfect choice. There are some great choices available including:
- British Gourmet Premier Gift Basket – including Gourmet Cheeses, Ploughmans Chutney, Orange Marmalade, Rich Clotted cream, Buttery Crackers, Pungent Mustard, and Breakfast Blend Tea.
- igourmet British Cheese Tasting Assortment In A Gift Box – 4 Of England’s Best Cheeses And Crackers
- A Little Bit of Britain in Gift Box – An assortment that showcases the depth of British foods including cheeses, crackers, jams.
- Afternoon Tea Gift Basket – everything the tea lover needs to host an English afternoon tea including cakes, jams and more.
- British Luxury Gift Trunk – this is only available in the US. With 9.7 lbs of English Gourmet Delectables including cheeses, tea, clotted cream, jams and chutney this is the ultimate luxury gift option. Find out more
- British chocolate selection – For the chocolate lover I am sure they would enjoy a Cadbury Dairy Milk selection of the most popular chocolate bars from England including whole nut, Caramel, and Fruit & Nut.
You could also make up your own British gift basket with some of these quintessentially British products!
- English chocolates – a box of Quality Street is a tradition in each UK household during the festive season. Perfect British gift to share with family and friends at Christmas!
- Shortbread biscuits – the ultimate biscuit to enjoy with a cup of English tea.
- English tea – perfect choice for the tea lover (and even better in this beautiful gift tin)
- Mince pies – a traditional English treat enjoyed at Christmas.
- Christmas Pudding – served in every British household on Christmas Day
- Pickled onions – a British favourite. Serve with cheese, crackers, chutneys and enjoy!
- If you have friends or relatives in the UK why not send them an afternoon tea in a box from Piglet’s Pantry? You can read more about this fabulous gift idea in my article – Afternoon Tea in a box: the perfect gift for loved ones in the UK
UK themed monthly gift boxes
Buy a gift that keeps on giving – a monthly subscription to a British-themed gift box. With so many to choose from with themes of food and drink, travel and more these are the perfect gifts for any Anglophile.
The British Bash – baking boxes with an accent!
Each month you will get a box filled with non-perishable ingredients required to make your delicious dessert. There will be a step-by-step recipe card complete with the history of the dessert, some fascinating facts from Queen Anne, and helpful hints from King Henry.
- A different dessert each month
- Free Shipping
- Disposable baking pans included
- 100% British women owned company
- Delivery in USA only
The Great British Teabreak Box
Take a well-deserved tea break with a classy mug, 8 assorted teabags and a selection of sweet and savoury snacks loved by every Brit. In the United Kingdom we love ‘Elevenses’, the tradition of stopping work for tea and a snack at 11 am. This box provides everything you need to raise a mug with us Brits at 11 am whatever time zone you are in.
- The perfect mug, chosen with care
- A selection of 8 diverse branded teabags
- A full size pack of biscuits, guaranteed to be a British favourite
- A much-loved full size British chocolate bar (or sharing bag of chocolates)
- An assortment of at least 6 more savoury and sweet snack treats that all Brits love
The travelling reader – your British reading journey starts here!
The book subscription box that delivers a British experience to your door! Each month receive a fiction book for you set in a British region, some superb gifts from businesses local to that area as well as some book-related items.
Visit a different place in Britain each month.
- British products
- British fiction
- Themed boxes based around a book setting
- Ships to the US!
Each month you’ll receive a box filled with beautifully handmade products from Scotland’s crafters & family-owned businesses. Ranging from handmade original sweets & treats, Jam & Marmalades to Jewellery, Original Art, Candles & so much more! By subscribing, you are supporting Scotland’s crafters & family-owned businesses. Inspiration for your next trip to Scotland!
- Handcrafted by Scottish Crafters & Family Owned Businesses.
- Includes Original Art, Sweets & Treats & more!
- Support Scottish Family Owned Businesses by Subscribing!
- Shipping worldwide!
Deed of land to England? Or why not become a Laird or Lady?
A truly unique gift! Why not give the Anglophile who has everything a deed of ownership to 100 square inches of land on this beautiful Island? Click to find out more!
Become a Laird or Lady of a castle in Scotland and get a free tour of the Dunans Castle and grounds and visit your exact plot of land! Click for more info!
For friends and family who love reading there is nothing better than the gift of a new book whether it is a novel, guidebook, cookbook, or even something for their coffee table to remind them of past (or planned) adventures. These books are the perfect gifts for Anglophiles!
Guide Books for the UK
There are some excellent guidebooks available for anyone planning a trip to the UK.
Rick Steves guidebooks are perfect for first-time visitors looking for information about the main sights. For other options read my articles about the best travel guide books for London and my top 10 best guide books for England.
For History Lovers
Books about the Royal Family
Colouring books for adults
Tartan themed gifts
For those with Scottish heritage why not consider a tartan-themed gift? There are lots of beautiful tartan items to choose from including books, scarves, cushions, clothes, and even Christmas tree ornaments with clan tartans.
You can find more gifts with a Scottish theme in my dedicated Scottish Gift Guide (which includes some fabulous gifts for those who adore Scottish Highland coos!)
More great gift ideas
For more gift ideas and suggestions take a look at these articles: