This post may contain compensated links. Please read our disclaimer for additional information. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

If you are traveling to South East Asia there are some essential items which I recommend adding to your packing list. These are all items which we have purchased and used ourselves on our travels.

This article contains 16 travel accessories for South East Asia that I would highly recommend all travelers consider purchasing before their trip. If you are also traveling with limited weight and space do read my posts which feature essential mini travel products and mini travel beauty products.

16 essential travel accessories for South East Asia

So those are my top 16 travel accessories for South-East Asia! What have I missed out from my list that you consider must-take travel kit? Let me know in the comments! I am always on the look-out for new ideas.

DO YOU WANT 3 BOOKS FOR FREE?

AMAZON AUDIBLE is available for a free 30 day trial – and to get you started you received 1 audiobook & 2 Audible Originals during the trial period.

After the trial you get 3 titles each month – 1 audiobook and 2 Audible Originals of your choice! Don’t like your audiobook? Swap it for free! Cancel anytime, your audiobooks are yours to keep forever!

**CLICK HERE TO TRY YOUR FREE 30 DAY AUDIBLE TRIAL**

16 essential travel accessories for South East Asia

YOU MAY ENJOY THESE POSTS TOO!

Valentine gifts for the travel lover in your life!

8 reasons why you can't go wrong with a sarong!

15 Incredibly Useful Mini Travel Size Products you Need for your Next Trip

Over the last 50 years I have lived and worked in 7 countries on 4 continents and travelled to many more. I enjoy exploring and learning about new places and meeting people on my travels. History, reading, photography, nature and wildlife are my interests and I am ALWAYS researching and planning my next trip (preferably by train)

With a lifetime of travel experience, and a network of friends all over the world, I share genuine insider guides, recommended best book lists and train journey inspiration to help YOU travel authentically to some of the most beautiful places on earth.

18 thoughts on “Top 16 recommended travel accessories for South East Asia

1. Linda Tallett says:

I’ve been waiting for this post!!! Great tips Tracy and some great items for my list for Santa ?. Great to know they’ve been tested and recommended too!!

2. Rachel says:

Love these recommendations, I’m always on the lookout for a good travelling bag so thanks for recommending 2 great options! I’ve always been a bit put off by the price of Pacsafe but if they really do work then I reckon it’s worth it.

And yes to all the sanitisers – we managed to avoid getting travellers tummy by sanitising everything in sight at regular intervals. Sounds OTT but it really helped!

3. Arianne says:

Great ideas! It is really true you have to be careful…. Funny enough only place I have been pickpocekted was in Europe!

Oh and I totally need that shirt at the end! “Jetlag made me do it!” haha

4. Rob+Ann @TravelLatte(.net) says:

PacSafe Backpack, you say? Rob has a sort of slingpack from them he loves, but we haven’t seen a backpack. Of course, we weren’t looking for a new bag until recently, so thanks for the heads up. Love the scarf camera strap, too! Great ideas.

5. James says:

There are some very useful items here. The secure backpack looks perfect – I need a new backpack for my upcoming trip and this would be perfect. The cold towel for Thailand and other hot countries is also an invaluable item. As are the waterproof bags, I’d use one for my phone and camera!

6. Garth says:

Good selection of items Tracy, We’ve got the waterproof bags! I would also add – if you’ve got a DSLR – buy an unbranded camera strap that has a metal inner core to it, it means people can’t slash your strap and grab your camera… which is common in some SE Asia countries.

• dan walford says:

Thanks Garth – great tip too! I used the scarf with my DSLR as I found the other one hurt my neck but I will keep that in mind next time we are in SE Asia!

7. Alex says:

Well you have totally enlightened me intot the world of pacsafe and snap towels – I had no idea these wonderful inventions were out there! And, I agree – I have been thinking about a scarf/camera strap recently, cameras can be such a pain in the neck, literally. I like your chevron one here too! Nice list and thanks for doing the hard work research part!