This post may contain compensated links. Please read our disclaimer for additional information.

This is the third in my series of book lists “Around the World in 80 books” devoted to books about travel to inspire your wanderlust!

“Around the World in 80 books”Part 1  and Part 2 include some of the best novels set in various countries around the globe.

“Around the World in 80 ways”  focuses on different methods of traveling the world (by foot/surfboard/balloon etc)

This collection consists of some of some of the most humorous non-fiction books written by those who have traveled the world and had a bloody good laugh at the same time! If you are a fan of Bill Bryson, Tim Moore, and Michael Palin this is the list for you!

HUMOROUS  BOOKS  ABOUT TRAVEL SET IN

ENGLAND | SPAIN | USA | THE WORLD | GREECE

SET IN ENGLAND

**********************

**********************

SET IN THE USA

SET IN SPAIN

**********************

CLICK TO JOIN AMAZON’S KINDLE UNLIMITED PROGRAM – FIRST 30 DAYS FREE!

Do you read books on your kindle? I love mine and it means I can literally take hundreds of books with me when I travel – no worries about luggage allowance or weight restrictions.

If you read a lot of books why not consider signing up to Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited program? For only $9.99/ £7.99 you get access to unlimited ebooks, audiobooks, magazines for any device. It really is a great program and if you click on the link you get your first 30 days absolutely FREE!!

PREFER AUDIO BOOKS?

Audible, an Amazon company, offers the world’s largest selection of digital audiobooks and spoken word content. With Audible, customers can listen anytime and anywhere to professionally-narrated audiobooks across a wide range of genres.

BOOKS SET IN GREECE

**********************

BOOKS SET IN BRAZIL

BOOKS ABOUT TRAVELING THE WORLD!

**********************

PIN FOR LATER!

BOOKS ABOUT TRAVEL to inspire your wanderlust featured by top international travel blogger, Tracy's Travels in Time

Best travel books - some of the most humorous travel books to make you laugh your way around the globe!

YOU MAY ENJOY THESE POSTS TOO!

The Best Iceland Books

A Complete Guide to the Best Travel Books from Around the World

Top 18 Books about Australia to Read Before Visiting Down Under

CLICK FOR EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO MY RESOURCE LIBRARY

subscription box

Over the last 50 years I have lived and worked in 7 countries on 4 continents and travelled to many more. I enjoy exploring and learning about new places and meeting people on my travels. History, reading, photography, nature and wildlife are my interests and I am ALWAYS researching and planning my next trip (preferably by train)

With a lifetime of travel experience, and a network of friends all over the world, I share genuine insider guides, recommended best book lists and train journey inspiration to help YOU travel authentically to some of the most beautiful places on earth.

76 thoughts on “Around the World in 80 Books about Travel

1. Cali says:

This was awesome! I was taking notes while reading your post! And now I will head over to Amazon. Atlas Obscura was already on my wishlist, so I should just get it. I am so excited to read it!

2. Taryn says:

What a great list. I found quite a few to add to my reading list. I love your recommendations for for the books with Atlas in the title as I love to read about the world’s oddities. One of my favourite books is Outposts by Simon Winchester about tiny far flung places that are still British Colonies. Have you read that one? I’ve pinned your list for later too.

3. Aireona Raschke - Nightborn Travel says:

Omg. I really want to read all of these! I was especially intrigued by the Atlas of Cursed Places. It probably wouldn’t be a great idea to visit them, but I would be tempted! 😛 I know my husband would be; he loves visiting strange places. I also loved the cultural books that you included. Great list.

4. Naomi says:

Wow these are some really great recommendations! I love to read books that are set in the destination I’m going to. I like the idea of Hygge as I feel I can grasp the concept. Being more relaxed would be very welcome! Might give that a read. thanks for all the other tips too! I’ll check back again when I need some new reading material.

5. Inge says:

I wish I had time for reading again. Being a mom of two small kids takes up so much time, I wish I could sit in a hammock with a drink and read. This is a great list that makes me dream of reading 🙂

6. Katie @ The Budget Backpack says:

There are some great titles on your list (I’ve even put a few of them on my Amazon wishlist)! I love the idea of having a neat guide to 36 hours in selected cities… I know I get a little flustered when I think I have too much ground to cover in too little time – that this particular guide is right up my alley!

7. Angie (FeetDoTravel) says:

I did not know the English Channel was the busiest in the world! You learn something new every day! I have read Bill Bryson’s Down Under and thought it was brilliant – I picked it up whilst in Australia so it was very relevant and I had been to some of the places mentioned. I would definitely recommend it for you when you are over there Tracy! Great comprehensive list, thanks for putting this together. #feetdotravel

8. Rosemary says:

What an amazing collection of books. So many that I have yet to read. I am most intrigued by ‘Hygge’ and learning the Danish secrets to happiness. I’m going to download a couple of these books on my kindle. Thanks for this amazing list.

9. Laura says:

So many books to add to my shelf (or virtual shelf, or audible shelf)! Based on nothing more than title, “Things Can Only Get Feta” is for sure at the top of that list 🙂

10. Tasha says:

I love how you’ve categorised each book by country. What a great selection, I’ll definitely be downloading some of these to my kindle! Thanks for sharing 🙂

11. Katie says:

Yay I love these posts! Hadn’t heard of the 36 book of itineraries around Europe but that sounds incredible helpful so will definitely check it out! Lauren’s book on How not to travel is hilarious!!! I couldn’t put it down! Her blog is just as funny too! 🙂

12. Only By Land says:

The atlas of countries that don’t exist is the book that interests me the most. As I add countries to my list, this book could offer a few cheats. I’ve been to Crimea and I’m sure that Palestine is in there too. I think I just visited 2 more countries thinking about it!

13. Lisa says:

Thanks for a great list they look vey interesting. Love to read about travel while traveling! I usually don’t take a lot of time to read except on planes, but good to have one handy.

14. Anna says:

This is so interesting…. I don´t know from which one to start now! I´ve been looking for some new inspiring travel reads for a while, thanks to you got a plenty of ideas now! Pinned

15. Travel Lexx says:

Wow, such an awesome book list – I am trying very hard not to go online and order a few of these! I have been reading Lingo and it’s a GREAT book – really enjoying it. Atlas Obscura sounds awesome and I would love to see some of the places listed in there

16. Sandy N Vyjay says:

I loved ‘Last days of The Bus Club’ by Chris Stewart. All the books are so amazingly described that it makes me want to read them all. Books are probably the best way to travel through the author’s eyes and yet the experience is just as surreal as being physically present.

17. Sina says:

Thanks for sharing, that’s a great list of books. I love to read about travelling, so def. have to check out some of the books when I’m back home.

18. David says:

Great list Tracy. Those Atlas books all sound really intriguing and I think I might get some for my kindle. Need a good read and it may as well be an awesome travel related read 😉

19. ThriftyTrails says:

I’m not one to read too much but I am trying to get into the habit. You made these books sound quite interesting! How Not To Travel The World sounds funny. The Atlas of Cursed Cities and Atlas of Lost Places make my interest in mystery book come alive. Thanks for a great list! You’re giving us travelers lots of reading options.

20. Kreete says:

That’s such a great idea Tracy! I love reading and your lists have some great books in it, most of which I havent even heard of! I know where to turn when my seemingly endless reading list needs some new life!

21. Pingback: Around The World in 80 Books Part 2